Sunday, September 13, 2009

They didn't really belong there. But there they were.

I've been feeling pretty uninspired lately when it comes to blogging (but I have been on top of all my school work and readings!), and I still don't have a reliable internet connection in my house.  So, because of this I am going to keep it simple.  I am going to review Adam. 

Rating: A

Adam is just a beautiful, endearing, heartwarming (and heartbreaking… really heartbreaking) story about falling in love, growing up and moving on.  I don't know much about Asperger's (other than what I know from reading the book Don't Look Me In the Eye) so I can't comment on how the syndrome is portrayed, but the character Adam is simply adorable (and I may have fallen a bit in love with Hugh Dancy... but I also fell in love with Rose Byrne).  From the moment these two met I had so much hope for the two of them, yet at the same time I was so nervous for the relationship and how it would turn out.  What ends up happening (I won’t spoil it) is unexpected and slightly disappointing, just because it isn’t what I was wanting for the two of them... but I think it was a good ending, it made sense. Oh, and I hated Rose’s dad, Peter Gallagher is so good at playing character’s that are easy to hate/get under your skin, ugh (but Sandy from the O.C was the sweetest)… I wasn’t too into the whole side story about Rose’s family situation – but it’s completely understandable, and is a good parallel to Adam.  I think everyone should see this movie, please.

Love, Keiko.

p.s. I planned to post a youtube clip of a scene that I love - but there are just too many.

No comments: